Saturday 12 December 2015

Transgender father leaves family to live as a six-year-old girl


A Canadian father left his wife and seven children to live as a six-year-old girl. Stefonknee Wolschtt, 46, is currently living with an adopted family because she doesn’t ‘want to be an adult right now’. Before beginning her transition, Ms Wolschtt had been married for 23 years. Ms Wolschtt said "I can’t deny I was married, I can’t deny I have children. But I’ve gone back to being a child."


Stefonknee risked everything to live as a female, she said: ‘I paid a heavy price for transitioning.’
Her wife of more than two decades found it difficult to accept her new identity and told her to ‘stop being trans or leave’.

‘That to me, “stop being trans” isn’t something I could do. It would be like telling me to stop being 6ft2 or leave,’ Stefonknee explains to The Transgender Project.

After revealing that she identified as trans, she felt rejected by her own family and tried to take her own life on two occasions, unsuccessfully.

Ms Wolschtt later moved in with an adoptive family who are happy to act as her parents.