Tuesday 10 November 2015

Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair


She's an Ekiti indigene, her name is Tayo Abiodun, she was on her way from an outing last Saturday when she ran into Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose who was at the King's market to supervise the demolition of the old market. Tayo manoeuvred her way and made sure she got the Governor's attention, the Governor asked her what she wanted and she said a wheelchair, the Governor subsequently collected her phone number.


On Monday, Tayo got a call this morning to come to the governor's office, she came around and met with the Special Assistant to Governor Ayodele Fayose on Special Duties, Mr. Ayo Alabi who presented to her a brand new wheelchair on behalf of the state government. Ayo Alabi in his reaction to questions from newsmen described the gesture as a tip of the iceberg going by the goodies the governor has in stock for people of the state. He added that the people should get set for another set of largess as the governor will soonest be meeting with widows, women and youths for another round of empowerment.

Tayo Abiodun prayed that the Lord continue to protect the family of the governor as well as the success of his administration while expressing her gratitude. "I have moved north and south looking for helpers to no avail, my family has tried in vain to buy me this chair, but here I am with it today, just like that, I can't count how many times I have fallen from the old chair, I thank the governor for listening to me, for meeting my need, may God continue to help Ayo Fayose."