Sunday 18 September 2016

PHOTOS: Baby inherits family's 'werewolf' gene that will cover him in hair

                          
Rolling around on the carpet like any five-month-old , it’s obvious this baby boy has inherited the rare Werewolf Family gene. The thick black hair that already covers his back, arms and legs is caused by a one in a billion condition known as hypertrichosis universalis.

Mum Manisha Sambhaji Raut, 22, from Pune, central India, is heartbroken her son has inherited the same genetic condition as her and her two sisters Savita, 30, and Savitri, 19.

She said: “I always felt disgusted when I saw myself in the mirror and now wonder how my child
will cope with the same trauma.

“My sisters and I were always teased and often nicknamed ghost, bear and monkey. To know my son will also go through the pain and suffering I went through breaks my heart.


“But he is my baby and I will love him unconditionally the way my mother took care of me, no matter how he looks.

“My only wish is that my child will grow up like a normal child.

“We were locked away because people couldn’t cope with the way we looked. I only hope people will be different and kinder towards my son.”

There is no known cure for Werewolf Syndrome and all Manisha and her sisters have been able to do is slather themselves in removal cream every few days.