Sunday 29 November 2015

Yudala Makes History with First Drone Delivery in Nigeria


Nigeria’s first online and offline retail chain, Yudala made history on Friday when it delivered the first order placed for its Black Friday sales via a drone delivery. The ordered item is a Lumia smartphone which was placed by Yetunde Lawal, a staff of Access Bank Plc. who’s a first time shopper on the Yudala website.
The drone took off from the headquarters of Yudala at Redemption Crescent, Gbagada loaded with the product and flee all the way to the Access Bank branch along the Gbagada-Oshodi Expressway where it was dropped in front of the bank. One of Yudala’s staff was available to hand over the phone to Yetunde and also process the invoice for the order.

Lawal said “I am extremely delighted and indeed short of words to explain how I feel to be the first person to receive an item via drone delivery in Nigeria, all thanks to Yudala. This is an innovative concept in the evolution of e-commerce in the country which I am sure other competitors will want to copy.

“Yudala has met and exceeded my expectations and I can only encourage all my colleagues, friends and family to shop and shop Yudala. Black Friday is here and I am glad that the Yudala offer will run till Monday”.