Friday 9 September 2016

Young bearded woman enters Guinness Book of World Records


Harnaam Kaur has entered the Guinness Book of Records as the youngest female with a full beard that measures an impressive six inches. Body positivity campaigner Kaur of Slough, Berkshire, says her place in GWR is “absolutely humbling” as her beard has been part of her quest to overcame years of bullying to cope with her appearance.
She has polycystic ovary syndrome, a hormonal condition that causes her to grow excess facial hair.

Ms Kaur, who is recorded as the youngest female with a full beard at the age of 24 years 282 days, has already made her mark as anti-bullying activist and catwalk model.



A delighted Kaur said on social media:
“I am super proud to hold this record, the inner child in me is so pleased. I grew up reading this book, I even tried breaking some of my own records wanting to be in this book. It is amazing to be valued and celebrated being a Bearded Lady. I am proud to hold this amazing record.

Kaur said she hoped those “who read or see my record can take away positivity, inspiration and realise that no matter who you are or what you look like, you are officially amazing”.