Wednesday 10 August 2016

Man wins $1m lottery six days after surviving Dubai plane crash

 
Is he the luckiest man alive? A passenger on board the Emirates plane that crash landed in Dubai ,won a million dollars on the lottery, just six days after the accident. Mohammad Basheer Abdul Khadar,62 was one of the survivors of the crash landing less than a week ago. Now, the grandfather is celebrating winning the Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire lottery.
According to Gulf News, Mr Khandar bought the ticket on his way to a vacation with his family in Thiruvananthapuram in the south Indian state of Kerala during Eid.

The Indian national made a habit out of buying a ticket whenever he traveled back to his home country from his professional base of Dubai where he is a fleet administrator with a car dealer group.


He added: "I value the escape as a more precious gift from God and I knew God saved me for some specific purpose. Probably this is it."
Mr Khader, who works for a car dealership currently earns around 8000 Dirhams (£1,700) a month has said he wants to use the money to help others in his native India.
He told Gulf News:
 "If you ask me about my plans, I obviously want to help the children in Kerala who are less fortunate than others and need some financial help and medical support”.


“I don’t want to give it to a charity or build a business, I want to go out and find people who really need help and give them money. I was poor, and I know what people go through."
Mr Khandar was one of 282 passengers on board the Boeing 777 when it crash landed at Dubai airport on a journey from Thiruvananthapuram, India, on August 3.
 
Incredible all passengers and 18 crew members made it out alive despite the plane bursting into flames on the runway.